The area of infrastructural and non infrastructural development of the communities. These are some of the community identified, owned and sustainable developmental projects that have attracted stakeholders acceptance which has brought changes in Dodo Communities. Since the beginning of the Association, it has handover several completed projects to the Communities leadership. These projects include:
Functional generator houses for three (3) of the RDA communities
Security fence with gate house
45 bed space cottage Hospital situated at Amatu 11 community
Doctors’ quarters for the cottage Hospital Staff.
Nurses quarters for the cottage hospital staff.
Internal work way with a roof inside the Hospital premises.
Borehole with a treatment Plant for the cottage hospital
Generator house for the cottage hospital.
Construction of two Corps Members lodge
Construction of a temporary secretariat building
Non Infrastructural Projects
Donation of drugs to Dodo Central hospital
Equipping of Dodo Central Hospital
Furnishing of Dodo Central Hospital living quarters
Introduction of bio sand water filtration
Functions of Dodo River Communities Rural Development Association
Though not limited to the following, the functions of the RDA are;
- To provide transparent and accountable governance
- To strengthen member communities to initiate, design and implement their own development agenda
- To initiate, implement and promote sustainable development, peace and security in corporation with other stakeholders.
- To attract other donor organizations to invest in the GMoU process
- To foster unity among member communities